Building Healthier and Happier Communities Together
OPERATION SAMAHAN is a federally qualified community health center that emerged within the Filipino community over the last forty years. The agency serves low-income families and individuals in the County of San Diego in two (2) strategic areas with a high density population of Filipinos/Asian and other low-income, uninsured individuals — National City (Southern San Diego County) and Mira Mesa (North Central San Diego).
We know you have a choice in which community health center to use and we certainly hope that you make Operation Samahan YOUR medical home. Our staff are looking forward to working with you so you and your family can achieve healthier and happier lives.
A snapshot of the people we serve….
- 25,000 unduplicated people annually
- 80% Filipino, Asian, Pacific Islander, or Latino
- 70% of our patients overall are non-English speaking, with Tagalog or Spanish as the primary language for these people
- 63% of our patients are below 100% of the federal poverty level
- 33% of our patients are between 100%-200% of the federal poverty level
The poverty level for a family of four is $23,000 annually.We see all ages under one year old to seniors, evenly split amongst age groups
- The most common conditions our patients see us for are: chronic disease management like Diabetes, Hypertension, Hypercholesterolemia, Osteoarthritis. Other conditions are Gastritis, Collitis, Myalgia, Migraine, Sinusitis, Ottitis ETC.
- We provide dental care; behavioral health; integrative services: acupuncture, massage, yoga; health education and nutrition; community outreach; assist local universities with research related to Asian Pacific Islander health; and manage a community coalition of Asian Pacific Islander businesses and organizations dedicated to improving health and wellness
Our facilities are disability friendly.
Our multicultural, multi-linguistic staff speak more than 20 different languages. Interpretation services are available as well.
Keywords: Health, Clinic, Filipino, Latino, Latina, Filipina, API, Asian Pacific Islander, Healthcare, community clinic, Covered California, Covered CA, ACA, Affordable, Wellness, Gentle Yoga, Community Acupuncture, Acupuncture, Belly Dance, Reiki, Hypnotherapy, Weight Loss, Integrative Health, Integrative Medicine, Natural Health, Massage, Natural Healing, Yoga, Low Back Pain, Menopause, Anxiety, Depression, Migraines, Health Boutique, Cancer Treatment Relief, Arthritis, Stop Smoking, Stress, Meditation, Mindfulness & Meditation, South Bay San Diego, Mira Mesa, San Diego.
Operation Samahan, Inc. is a Federally Qualified Health Center and a Federal Tort Claims Act deemed facility. Under the Act, OSI is considered a federal employee with the federal government as the primary insurer. FTCA deeming assures quality care to OSI patients while providing opportunities for the clinic to invest in program expansion and growth.